Your AVS membership makes the following possible:
- Publication of ongoing research into the history, literature, and pedagogy through the Journal of the American Viola Society (sent to members in Spring and Fall)
- Opportunities for young artists to shine through one of the leading competitions in the world dedicated solely to viola performance at the highest levels of excellence in the Primrose International Viola Competition
- The continued generation of new music for our instrument through the Maurice Gardner Composition Competition
- Access to better instruments for young violists through the AVS Viola Bank
- The growing number of free scores and digital downloads available to the public through the American Viola Society website at www.americanviolasociety.org/resources/scores/
- An expanding array of resources to violists around the world through our content rich website
- Local activities through membership in the AVS local chapters located across the country
- Instrument insurance discount through the Anderson Group
- Seed money for US Viola Congresses
How do I join?
Join the AVS by one of the following methods:
Fill out the online form and join using your credit card (MC and Visa only).
Download, Print and Mail this page (PDF format). Send it with your check, money order in U.S. funds, or credit card information to the AVS office.
Watch for a welcoming letter and recent copy of the Journal of the American Viola Society in the mail soon!