The American Viola Society (AVS) was founded for the promotion of viola performance and research.
Your personal and financial support through AVS membership is appreciated!
Your AVS membership makes the following possible:
Through your generous support, the AVS is able to serve the viola community through performance, education, research, mentoring, publishing, commissioning new works, providing new resources, and advocating for excellence. Additional American Viola Society member benefits include:
- Two print issues of the Journal of the American Viola Society
- Annual issue of JAVS Online
- Members-only content including scores, audio, and video recordings
- Full access to the growing AVS library of pedagogical materials
- Free web advertising in the online Marketplace
- Complimentary listing in the AVS National Teacher Directory
- Ability to submit viola news and events for online posting
- Access to American Viola Society competitions, including: Primrose International Viola Competition, Dalton Viola Research Competition, Gardner Composition Competition, Orchestral Excerpts Competitions
- and… an opportunity to increase your network of friends in the alto clef family!
Students, please use your permanent address.
Economic Hardship: email firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for a reduced rate. Reasons for consideration include, but are not limited to, unemployment, currency exchange, etc.
*The generosity of our donors greatly assists the work of the society. The AVS recognizes donor-level members by publishing their names in JAVS and on our website. Any donation above the basic membership fee is tax deductible as a contribution to the AVS, provided no special services or products of monetary value were exchanged for the additional amount. The American Viola Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit entity.