2022 AVS Festival & 47th International Viola Congress
The American Viola Society is thrilled to host the 2022 American Viola Society Festival & 47th International Viola Congress, which will be held June 1-5, 2022, at the Schwob School of Music, Columbus State University in Columbus, Georgia, USA. Please join us for the premier viola event of the year!
In-person and fully virtual attendance options are available, and all virtual content will be available for viewing until September 5, 2022. Please visit the event website to register and find up-to-date information, including featured artists, schedule, and local information to help plan your visit.
We are using the Whova platform for registration and event management, including virtual content. Be sure to visit our Whova website and download the Whova app for a fully interactive experience at this year’s hybrid event.
The festival committee has been busy planning a wonderful event, which will include:
- Signature Artists Kim Kashkashian, Yura Lee, Timothy Ridout, and AVS Career Achievement Award winner Marcus Thompson
- Featured composer Sakari Dixon Vanderveer
- Exhibition of Modern Violas and Bows
- AVS Youth Competitions
- Nearly 100 sessions presented by nearly 140 presenters
- Approximately 98% of content available virtually to all attendees through September 5, 2022
We look forward to seeing you in person in June!
- Katrin Meidell, Host and Coordinator
- Daphne Gerling, Assistant Coordinator, Vendor Coordinator
- Adam Cordle, Proposals Coordinator
- Molly Gerbrian, Competitions Coordinator
- Ames Asbell, Virtual Coordinator
- Hillary Herndon, AVS President